Weekly Deals

Stampin' Up! Weekly Deals

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Thursday 21 May 2015

Blog Hop : Farewell favourites


Today I am taking part in my first AWHT  blog hop with some of the awesome ladies in the Art With Heart Stampin' Up! Team - I am super excited!! - it's also my first blog hop ever!!

Today our focus is on our Favourite Retiring Product...

Both the 2014-2015 Annual Catalogue and the 2015 Occasions Catalogue finish on the 2nd June, so there's not long left to place an order for anything you really want before they are gone forever - contact me to place your order.

You have come to my blog from the lovely Kathryn Manglesdorf. Blogs are full circles so you can start hopping right here and keep going until you get back here.


Unfortunately, there are lots of awesome products retiring - Designer Series Paper, cardstock, In Colour inks, stamps and accessories. I always get very sad at this time of year, but then I think about all the fantastic NEW PRODUCTS that will soon be available and I am somewhat mollified.

     

 
      My first card uses the Four Feathers  stamp set and matching Framelits (although I haven't used the framelits on this card). I masked the centre panel and embossed the feathers before using sponge daubers to create the blue panel. I find this set great for male cards and will be very sorry to see it go.


      My second card uses the Painted Petals stamp set from the Jan-June 2015 Occasions Catalogue. I'm not sure I will miss this set as much as the others as I never really warmed to it. I just don't seem to be happy with the finished product, although I have seem some gorgeous samples done by others.

This card uses all the colours in the Subtles Colour Collection which go really well together. I am going to send this card to a close friend who has been a great listening post for me over the last year - hope she likes it.










It's now time to hop on over to the lovely Kathryn Ruddick - click on the image to be taken to her blog



If you get lost along the way, here is a list of everyone participating:

8. Kayleen McLean  - that's me and where you are now!


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, Kayleen. Especially love the feathers and the background created with Painted Petals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Kayleen. I really like the soft colours you have used. Your Painted Petals card is beautiful - I have never seen it stamped all over like this and it looks awesome! I just LOVE the design of your Four Feathers card. So beautiful. Awesome to have you in the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your first Blog Hop, Kayleen! I simply adore your Four Feathers card where it looks like they're floating in the breeze! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely painted petals card.

    ReplyDelete